This is an exciting time of life! You have entered the working world, may be in a long-term relationship, and have perhaps started to do “adulting” things like buying life insurance and saving for retirement. But often, with all this excitement comes stress or uncertainty about how to ensure your taxes are accurate, complete, and most importantly, to your maximum benefit.
You have some choices about how to deal with your taxes. Maybe your parents will still begrudgingly look after them for you. Maybe you will endure the anxiety and frustration of trying to do them yourself. Or, maybe you’ll spend hours rounding up all of the little slips of paper you think you need and take them to an office to wait for someone who took a two-week tax course to do your return.
Our Young Professionals package offers you another alternative. Your return will be done by a tax professional with an extensive and comprehensive understanding of tax rules, and will make sure your return is complete and accurate, and claims all of the credits and deductions you are entitled to. We’ll also provide recommendations for things you may want to do in the future to improve your tax return. Best of all, our online portal lets you provide us with your information from the comfort of your home, and at whatever time of day or night is convenient for you. And, we are always eager to answer questions or help you understand your taxes better!
Your $75 Young Professional Package includes:
(10% discount for a couple filing as married or common-law - $135 for the pair)
• Customized checklist to make sure we capture all of your information (T4’s from jobs, investment or other income, unused tuition and student loan interest credits, RRSP’s, etc.)
• Ability to authorize us to have direct access to your CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) account, to save you from having to round up all your tax slips and send them to us
• Your own “digital shoebox” where you can securely drag & drop copies or pictures of slips that we can’t get directly from CRA
• A tax return prepared by an experienced tax professional and reviewed to ensure we have maximized your refund/minimized what you owe
• If you owe, an explanation of why (not enough tax taken by your employer, etc.)
• Recommendations to improve your tax situation in future years
• If you aren’t already, setting you up for direct deposit with CRA to get your refund back to you as fast as possible
• A pdf copy of the tax return that you can download at any time, to provide to banks and others who need it
• Answers to any questions you have about how your taxes work, and access to our educational content specifically designed to help young professionals better understand taxes
Optional Add-on - $25 per person Tax Buddy Program
Our Tax Buddy program lets you “file it & forget it” - we deal directly with CRA if they have any questions about your tax return, and provide them with copies of any slips for credits they may choose to audit at random (student loan interest is a frequent one they look at).
Taxwerx makes tax season a breeze...even being in a different province than their headquarters. Sending our files digitally with confidence and having quick responses and clear questions...we love having Taxwerx on our side. I recommend their services 100% no matter where your from!! Thank you for everything!
Prince Albert, SK